The program was very informational and helpful. It really gets you thinking of how you would like to have your wishes honored at a time of need/end of life. It helped to start and bridge that conversation about death and dying that individuals dread.
Throughout our three-county service area there are certified facilitators who are available to educate, and facilitate discussions and guidance to individuals and families who wish to develop an advance care plan, complete advance directives and designate a health care representative.
How to Become a Certified Facilitator:
- Meet the criteria for attributes of a facilitator:
- Good basic communication skills
- Genuine passion/interest in this work
- Identify and hold personal values in check (do not impose own values on others)
- Able/willing to learn requirement of statutory documents
- Good listening and inquiry skills
- Shows compassion and empathy
- Willing to accept mentorship/oversight for work
- Willing to provide required statistical reporting
- Attend a 1.5-day “First Steps”® ACP Facilitator Certification class (“First Steps” ACP Facilitator Online Core Curriculum must be completed beforehand).
- Demonstrate beginning competency in facilitating ACP conversations through role playing.
- Agree to provide data regarding ACP facilitated conversations to the Honoring Choices Coordinator.
Interested in Becoming a Facilitator?
Our next facilitator training
will be held on March 15 & 16, 2022.
To receive information on an upcoming training session, fill out the form below