Facilitator Certification March 2021
Honoring Choices® Indiana – North Central holds facilitator certification workshops periodically. If you’re interested in helping others in your community complete their advance directives, we invite you to attend an upcoming workshop.
Respecting Choices® First Steps® Advance Care Planning (ACP) Facilitator Certification
Date: March 24 & 25, 2021, 8:30am-12:30pm
Course Fee: $200
Deadline for application: February 24, 2021
Certified facilitators assist individuals and families engage in people-centered conversations that result in informed healthcare decisions. The decisions can be documented in advance directives that will guide their care if they are unable to speak for themselves.
Respecting Choices® First Steps® ACP Facilitator Certification is designed for professionals such as social workers, nurses, clergy, physicians, and others involved in assisting patients, residents, and community members in making end-of-life treatment decisions. The evidence-based, interactive training includes high-quality facilitation materials.
Purpose: To learn how to effectively and confidently facilitate advance care planning conversations in professional and private settings.
- Identify interview skills for facilitating First Steps advanced care planning (ACP) conversations.
- Identify interview skills for facilitating First Steps ACP conversations with adults with chronic illness
- Create strategies to communicate the plan, including the completion of an advance directive document
- Examine the ACP Facilitator’s role in implementing three key systems for ACP effectiveness
- Demonstrate beginning competency in facilitating First Steps ACP conversations through role-play activities